Thursday, December 14, 2006

Fruits of our labor 12/13

So, we spent all night last night getting the outside decorations up. Hanging sparkly silver snowflakes, pine garland with white lights, new solar lights (which we aren't so sure about) to shine up on the sparkly snowflakes, wreaths on the doors, a new lighted, animated moose up in the woods as a surprise for E, and arrangements in the urns. And this is the only photo I could take, you see it was pretty dark at 1 am, and I wasn't venturing too far off the front porch. Still gotta' make nine new bows for the garland/railing, and new bows for the wreaths, and I"m not so much looking forward to that because my bow maker is still MIA. Can't find it anywhere, and I totally suck at making bows freehand!

Tonight's task? Getting the nativity set out, putting up the garland on the steps inside, decorating the dining room, (which means moving all the crap that's taken up residence in there), and changing out the everyday dishes for the Christmas ones! Slowly but surely we're getting it all done. Hopefully by the time E and my parents get here all that will be left is some fun baking for everyone! Posted by Picasa

No comments: