Saturday, December 16, 2006

Just for Fun

Something just for fun, and to remind myself of good times!!

Christmas Meme
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? hot chocolate, and as E would say "With Lots of Sprinkles!"
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? both! One big thing is unwrapped, and everything else get wrapped
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white on the outside, colored on the trees inside
4. Do you hang mistletoe? yep
5. When do you put your decorations up? Pete always wants to do it the day after Thanksgiving, but usually it's the first weekend in December
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? crab bisque
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: the anticipation of Christmas Eve and the sheer joy of Christmas Morning
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? what truth?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? sometimes we did as a kid, it was always new, (and matching) pjs, now Mrs. Claus leaves new jammies for E under her pillow Christmas Eve
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? with a mix of ornaments, spanning my entire lifetime, not to mention any ornament I ever made, my Mom saved it all!
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! Wish we had some
12. Can you ice skate? Um, well, I can stand without falling, and can move around the rink, but I'm not sure I'd really call it skating.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? yes, and no, so much of it runs together in my mind now!
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with my family
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? either my Moms peanut butter fudge, or her homemade coffee cakes YUMMY!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Being together, Silent Night and candle lighting at church on Christmas Eve, going downstairs Christmas morning, oldest to youngest, opening presents one by one
17. What tops your tree? a white dove
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Now seriously, who's going to say receiving?? I love to give, especially when I know I've found just the right thing, but honestly I love receiving just the right thing too!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Hark the Herald Angels or Joy to the World
20. Candy canes: at least one a year
21. Favorite Christmas movie? The Year Without A Santa Claus
22. What do you leave for Santa? cookies and milk and carrots for the reindeer!

No comments: