Friday, January 02, 2009

Day 2

So, they say it takes 21 days to make something a habit, to affect a change, well, I'm here to tell you it feels damn good to have made it to Day 2! I took this photo tonight while making dinner, our traditional New Year's Day dinner, a day late, because time got away from us yesterday. It was quiet in the house. Erin was, as she has been since Christmas Day, attached to her DS, Pete was pouring drinks for dinner, and I was thinking of just how lucky I am.

I have to make an unrelated note about dinner, because I don't want to forget it. Pete and Erin rebelled and insisted we have some other lucky food, anything except sauerkraut. Well, they didn't want black eyed peas and collard greens either, but anything other than that. So we settled on water chestnuts. Now, I have no idea if they are considered lucky food anywhere in the world, but they were at our house tonight. Pork tenderloin, water chestnuts, corn and mashed potatoes, that's our lucky dinner for this year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: