Monday, January 05, 2009

Taking back the House

This was supposed to post yesterday (1/4/09), but I'm guessing that I hit save when I thought I hit publish, so a day late and a dollar short, oh well.

So, the trees came down today. Well, two of the three anyway. The live ones had to go, their time had come. They were completely dry. Pete had decided on Christmas day to stop watering, so there wasn't any trace of moisture left in those babies by the time they came down.

I have a love-hate relationship with this part of the holidays, I Love getting my house back, and this is the earliest I can remember us taking the trees down. I was ready. Our tree this year, while beautiful, was huge. Tall, and really big around, we named it FATSO! It took up a ton of space. So, as I said, I was ready. This is where the Hate part comes in, I despise taking all the decorations down, individually wrapping each ornament, packing them up in the little boxes, putting those boxes in the Rubbermaid tubs, and then lugging the heavy tubs back upstairs to be put into storage for another year. It is such a pain in the rear. I know it didn't all go up in a day, and it by no means came down in a day, but I swear, if we win the lottery, I'm paying someone to come and do this for me!

So, (I've got to stop using "so" to start a paragraph) this is my house back to normal. The chair has been returned to it's rightful place, and there is (clean)laundry, on it, and all is right with the world.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: